The Catholic Labor Network‘s annual meeting in conjunction with the Social Ministry Gathering of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) was held Saturday, February 09, 2013, from 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.. The theme will be “Church and Labor in the Great Recession.”
Featured speakers were:
- Tom Mulloy, Domestic Policy Advisor with the USCCB Office of Justice, Peace and Human Development.
- Tom Shellabarger, Public Policy Associate, Interfaith Worker Justice.
- Keynote Speaker Fr. Clete Kiley.
- Catholic Employer Project Panel including Adam Reich, author of With God on Our Side: the Struggle for Workers’ Rights in a Catholic Hospital (Cornell 2012) and Cal Watson, Director for Business Policy and Planning, Georgetown University.
- Elections of new officers were held at the end of the annual meeting. Phil Tabbita was elected President, John O’Grady – Vice President, Mackenzie Baris – Secretary, and Clayton Sinyai – Treasurer. Fr. Jack O’Malley, John T. Coli and Tom Shellabarger were elected as Board members.
Next year’s meeting is expected to be Saturday, February 1, 2014. Please mark your calendars!